How much car or auto insurance you need really depends upon the value of your assets and how well protected they are as well as the mandatory requirements for insurance in the State of Nevada. If you have significant assets that are currently in your name, you should definitely carry more than the State’s minimum liability coverage.  But even if your only possession is your car, you should carry more than the State’s minimum liability coverage.  In Nevada, each driver must carry at least $15,000 in coverage for bodily injury for one person who may be injured in an accident and $30,000 for bodily injury of two or more people who may be injured from the accident, as well as $10,000 for property damage. This is often referred to as 15/30/10 coverage. BEWARE:  If you’re carrying the minimum liability coverage and you’re injured in the accident, your insurance policy WILL NOT pay for your medical needs and it also WILL NOT pay for the needed repairs to your vehicle.  The better option is to carry collision and comprehensive coverage which would then atleast cover the necessary repairs to your own vehicle.  You can also add Med Pay coverage which is intended to pay for your necessary medical expenses as a result of the accident.  Of course, there’s no guarantee that any particular driver is licensed or insured, and any time drivers are on the road, serious injuries and fatalities are possible. That’s why you should also really add underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage.  The purpose of underinsured and uninsured coverage is to provide added protection to you if you’re involved in an accident with someone who has no insurance or too little insurance (a person who opted for the State’s minimum liability coverage) to compensate for the damages caused in the accident.  If you have valuable items inside your vehicle, you may also want to obtain a seperate policy to cover your personal property.  The more insurance you carry, naturally, the more covered you are in the unfortunate event you are involved in an auto accident. The extra coverage usually only costs a few hundred dollars more annually, but it can make sure you always have a vehicle to drive and can go to the doctor if you need to after an accident.  If you have medical insurance already, you may not need the extra Med Pay coverage, but again, it should only cost a few dollars more to include Med-Pay coverage and more is better then less.  In summary, the amount of insurance you need is really more than the State of Nevada requires, but at the very least, you must carry 15/30/10.

If you’re injured in a traffic accident, and the other driver’s negligence caused the crash, you should speak immediately with an experienced Nevada personal injury attorney. Even if the other driver is uninsured, you may be able to recover damages from your own insurer or from a third party (like the other driver’s employer or the other vehicle’s owner or manufacturer). If you’re injured in a traffic accident: